Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default any help or information on building my first

Hi, so I wanted to build my first gaming computer and didn't quite know where to start, I guess I just have to reasearch parts and figure out what I want. I was going to set my budget to start at about 1000 dollars, this is the idea I have, I was gonna buy a really expensive motherboard and roomy case, then just a bottom line graphics card, hardrive and ect, would this be a good aproch? Then I could over the next year or two up grade it to be the most beast of a rig. I was going to buy my parts off of tiger direct, dose anyone have any recommmendations for a mother board? Dose price matter? And should I get a board that has more then one processor socket

computernoobzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: any help or information on building my first

If you're building a gaming rig, never buy bottom of the line anything, especially graphics card.

For a grand, you can build a rig around an i5 and a 7850. Not top of the line, but very capable nonetheless.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

No, you dont need a mobo with dual processor slots, as oh snapword said build it around the I5 3570k and a 7850 (or 7970 if you want to spend a bit more)
8gb ddr3 dual channel 1600mhz ram.

a motherboard ranging from 80 to 200 will be fine.

The psu is where you MUST NOT scrimp, get a branded/trusted psu (corsair,ocz,seasonic or coolermaster)

after market cpu cooler if looking to overclock (which is simple these days with the right motherboard)

regarding motherboards, you need to l;ook at the z77 chipset. (asus, gigabyte or msi)
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Beta Member

Dose anyone know of any good up to date 1000 dollar builds? I was thinking about using one of the pre set builds off of tiger direct because atleast that way I know the parts will be compatable. And how will I know where the cables all plug in, will everything be marked?
computernoobzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by computernoobzz View Post
Dose anyone know of any good up to date 1000 dollar builds? I was thinking about using one of the pre set builds off of tiger direct because atleast that way I know the parts will be compatable. And how will I know where the cables all plug in, will everything be marked?
Its very easy to check if all the parts are compatible, however if you buy pre-built, all the cables are very easy to plug in. most of the leads are colour coded an will only plug in where they fit.

almost like this lol