Antivirus for Vista

AVG is a great AV program, it's light and it has good detection. My second favorite would be avira although I'm not sure if it's vista compatible, it's a lesser known product but the detection is really good from all the reports I've read and it's always been just behind NOD32 which isn't bad considering NOD32 is known to be a top notch product. Avast is also vista compatible but I'm not a fan of the avast skins, but it does make a great antivirus. I've used all three of those and they're all awesome programs.
My own personal opinion, Microsoft and security don't go together. MS defender is alright, but nothing I'd use to rely on to protect my PC. It doesn't really catch much and it also doesn't update everyday. There are better free products out there as listed above. I think Microsoft should leave the security to other companies who know what they're doing in this department.

troy272 said:
I think Microsoft should leave the security to other companies who know what they're doing in this department.

i second that to an extent. I agree with them keeping out of the AV department, but since they boughtout GIANT, they've had some decent AS out there. I find that Defender does a good job for a free AS

Oh, AS = Anti-spyware, probally should explain that.

celegorm said:
i second that to an extent. I agree with them keeping out of the AV department, but since they boughtout GIANT, they've had some decent AS out there. I find that Defender does a good job for a free AS

Oh, AS = Anti-spyware, probally should explain that.

For a free AS it's alright but then again it's free so I can't complain there :) I still don't get why they sell windows defender as part of the onecare package since it's free to download, then again I haven't really heard great things about that suite from the reviews I've read but I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if it's good or not. I use windows defender since it's free and makes a decent backup scanner but otherwise I don't really see much use for it. I think that if you use IE then it's more helpful but I use firefox most of the time so it's probably not as effective.

aff1993 said:
you all suck, use NOD32, its really good, and small footprint BITCHES!!!
This post has been reported, saying "yet another bad post from this guy", & I agree with him, I've seen others, & I can look through your posts & find them if you wish, so no more, or I will give you a ban.

aff1993 said:
you all suck, use NOD32, its really good, and small footprint BITCHES!!!

Wasn't this guy banned before for comments like this! lol he doesnt learn.

Yep, he was, I looked through his posts, there were two more, so he is banned for seven days.

Brookfield

NOD32 all the way, im using it with vista, no problems at all.

Brookfield. Isn't it about time that aff was PB'd. This is the 3rd time he has done this, he isnt going to learn. As soon as he comes back, he starts throwing the insults around again. I've seen people get PB'd for less than that.

EDIT; I'm going to, if he goes off on one when he gets back, I rarely extend the period of the ban while members are still serving one, but he is obnoxious, & not really the sort of member we want, I agree.

Brookfield

Raffaz said:
NOD32 all the way, im using it with vista, no problems at all.
I'm going to uy NOD32 once I get the money for it. AVG free edition is good, but I like NOD32 because it seems to have more areas that it monitors. I also like the fact that it has a ton of options you can customize.

Back
Top Bottom