antivirus question

EricM

Daemon Poster
is it a good idea to have 2 antivirus programs installed on your computer at once or will the 2 have conflicts?

Well atleast some AV programs won't install if there already is another AV program installed.
But if u can I'd keep more than one, I've had AVG and Avira Anti-Vir (though it was the old version of AntiVir that I was using back then) running for a long time without any problems.

I am just using the free version of avg right now but I would also like to get nod32 or something like that. I tried posting in the security section but that section rarely is noticed. so any suggestions for a good antivirus? i am willing to pay for one, and would also like to keep avg if i can.

well u could always try Avira AntiVir, it's free and the best anti-virus I've ever used. And I don't think u will have any problems using it and AVG at the same time.
It's definitely worth a try.

You can always use a anti-virus program and Win XP firewall for better security

i have zone alarm firewall right now... but my question is what should I use for a very good antivirus program? nod 32, antivir, bit defender or something like mcafee or zone labs security suite?

some conflict and some don't, i would just experiment with them and see how they work out.

EricM said:
i have zone alarm firewall right now... but my question is what should I use for a very good antivirus program? nod 32, antivir, bit defender or something like mcafee or zone labs security suite?

well if u don't mind paying then nod32 would probably be the best.
But I still highly recommend that u atleast try AntiVir before buying any other anti-virus program.

Just want to mention that if you have two AntiVirus programs running at the same time you may well get conflicts between the two and also it may take a big hit on your CPU resources.

You could have two AntiVirus programs installed, but just have one running at a time. That way you could run full scans with both.

I would recommend just having the one and keep it up to date.

Back
Top Bottom