Anthlon 64 overheating

I don't think you have to spread it out. If it's grease you're applying, just set a small drop in the middle and the heatsink will spread it for you. I've seen this done with good results. I didn't mean an oversize small button. I should've said BB pellets but that didn't come to mind. Or as some people would say, as small as a rice grain. Basically, you just don't need that much to get it going. The new CPU's heatspreader makes it really easy to do this stuff.

The problem with heatspreaders is that it isnt always flat. Ive seen some pretty warped heatspreaders.

If the heatspreaders on the CPU do get warped, I wonder if it could contribute to heat build up? It's possible, because it wouldn't be making proper contact with the heatsink.

That's true... How do they get warped though? I'm sure they don't come like that from the factory...

They come like that from the factory. Some are concave and some are convex. Others look really weird. But most should be pretty flat.

Really? That's wild! Do they inspect their processors before shipping them out? I guess I supposed they did.

Back
Top Bottom