Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-30-2006, 04:40 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Antec Nine Hundred case

Currently i have a Raidmax Astro case. Im looking for something more durable...I like the design of the 900 and the airflow... I really could care less about noise...but ive heard some bad reviews about it... i just wanted to know what you guys think of it

AMD 9950BE PhenomX4 @ 3.1Ghz |HIS 4870 1Gb (790/1070) |160Gb WesternDigital|4GB G.Skill (pc2 8000)|ASUS M3A78-T |Corsair 750TX PSU|Antec Nine Hundred Case|Zalman 8700NT CPU Cooler|G15 Gaming keyboard|G5 Gaming mouse|
AMDpwnz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Antec Nine Hundred case

I just got it today and it was a pain in the ass to install components because it was cramped. If you plan on getting a large video card like the 8800gtx, you have been warned. It fits but I actually broke sweat constantly during the 6hour process of putting together my rig.

And the noise is pathetic. I didn't believe it when I read about it online but it really does sound just like a house cooling fan. I would estimate upwards of 45db at least and that's on the lowest fan setting...

eapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Golden Master

If you want high quality cases, go with Lian-Li. Trust me, they are sweet!!! Excellent air flow and the materials are strong. Not cheap. As for the video card, it's a pain getting it in there becaue of the size. I have a 7800GT and that thing is LONG!!!!! I had to make room by rearranging all my cables just so the video card can slide in easily.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapro
I just got it today and it was a pain in the ass to install components because it was cramped. If you plan on getting a large video card like the 8800gtx, you have been warned. It fits but I actually broke sweat constantly during the 6hour process of putting together my rig.

And the noise is pathetic. I didn't believe it when I read about it online but it really does sound just like a house cooling fan. I would estimate upwards of 45db at least and that's on the lowest fan setting...
6 hours to assemble a pc?

The last time I cleaned my pc, I had absolutely everything apart and I reassembled it in like an hour. Of course I was taking my time and routing cables and such.

But yeah, Lian Li cases rock, I think thats what my next case is going to be.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
Golden Master

Some people said to take 20 mins break very often...like in 5 minutes of assembly. Ususally, the average assembly line for me takes 15-25minutes. Pre-assembled PCs takes only 5 mins for me.

Actually, if you want good airflow, whatch for the big CFMs, fan blades and the way the case is made.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

CFM isnt everything in a fan Lhuser More importantly for good airflow, you want fans with high static pressure. In terms of cars, CFM is like horsepower and static pressure is like torque
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #7
Golden Master

Well, in theory, bigger CFM means bigger noise, correct? I never know that RPM were CFM...aka horsepower.

Although, more blades on fan usually provides more airflow than less...right?
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
In Runtime

I think im gonna go with the 900, I dont really like and of lian li designs...noise doesnt bother me.. ill be running all fans on low anyways.. I just want a case thats more durable than my raidmax should i have any problems with my set up (sig)
AMD 9950BE PhenomX4 @ 3.1Ghz |HIS 4870 1Gb (790/1070) |160Gb WesternDigital|4GB G.Skill (pc2 8000)|ASUS M3A78-T |Corsair 750TX PSU|Antec Nine Hundred Case|Zalman 8700NT CPU Cooler|G15 Gaming keyboard|G5 Gaming mouse|
AMDpwnz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Will

IMHO this is a great case. I just got it for christmas and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I have a total of 4 - 150mm fans, 1 - 200mm fan, 1 fan on both CPU and GPU and the PSU has 2 fans, and the sound from the fans is no issue at all. I was worried when i got it about the sound of the fans because it annoys me (lol like everyone) but was actually surprised to hear how quiet it is. That being said, i only have the fans on the middle setting, which keeps the system cool.

great case, worth the money. GL
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
Golden Master

The Antec 900 is a pretty good case too. Lian Li's problem with their case is that they're not exciting enough. They have a bland look. I wish some of their nicer case had a clear acrylic panel on the side. I love that feature of a PC case. That way, you can glance in there every once in awhile to see how all your parts are doing.