Antec 300...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
amazing little case, very underrated imo, great for budget builds, Antec quality, good airflow design, even if you have a lot of hardware to stuff in it the airflow (IF you have enough fans) definitely will be sufficient, switched from a bigger case (Aerocool ExtremEngine 3t) and my temps have dropped about 10°, it also comes with a little box that seemingly has a million thumbscrews, dust filters for the front two 120mm fans (which aren't included)...

the best part is that I got it on craigslist for $40 and instead of just the two stock fans (120mm rear fan and 140mm fan for the top blowhole) the dude included two 120mm fans for the front and another 120mm fan for the side...

:D

I am really impressed with this case, it does have it's issues (reaching the 8 pin 12v on the motherboard for the cpu was a stretch and that cable actually snakes across the motherboard under my X-Fi Platinum and 4870) but all in all a great value for the price with an understated but classy look...

Pics!

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The cost of fans can easily pass the cost of the 300 depending on what fans you go with.

Pics!

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The cost of fans can easily pass the cost of the 300 depending on what fans you go with.

yeah, but with the design you really don't need any really expensive high CFM fans, I was looking at a three pack of CM 120mm fans for about $18 shipped IIRC, and I know that there's a bit of dust in the pics, it was just a swap out to minimize downtime and I didn't clean any of my parts, they're a little dusty, I'm gonna give them a spring cleaning one of these weekends...

DSCF0228.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg

I tried a couple different fan arrangements and settled on one of the Antec Tri Cools on the heatsink and rotated it to face the back, that put the right side of it about a 1/4 inch away from the 140mm blowhole up top which can draw even more heat from the heatsink besides the fan just blowing it out the back, my temps dropped a few degrees when I rotated my Kingwin XT-1264 (a Xiggy 1283 clone)...

I've seen some mods on [H]ard|Forum and this case is very moddable and looks awesome with an all black interior, some people even have water cooling installed...

I was thinking about starting another build soon and was looking into that case. If you say it's a nice case to use I may go try it.

I bought the Antec 300 for my girlfriend a couple months back and it worked out great and looked pretty darn cool with a glowing red fan in the front. She doesn't have any issues with heat.

I need to dust it out though.. lol

Do I see six hard drives in there?!

Why?

That case looks pretty awesome though.

Why not? :p

I would see if you could mod the hard drive cages so you could flip the hard drives around. I'm not familiar with the 300, but I did it with my 900 and it looks pretty good.

IMG_0758.jpg

thats cool. I was gonna mount my Hard drives like that in my Armor, but the radiator is right there, and I don't want to block airflow.

WTF is that on your video card?!
Just jump to water cooling if you re gonna do that.

Waaaaaaaaay old picture. It's a Thermalright HR-03+ on a 8800GTS 320MB.

Back
Top Bottom