Another question for building a computer! -Finishing Touches/Replacements-

dwellufool

Solid State Member
Hey, a couple of you might remember I started a thread for building my computer, but now that I have the money for most of the things I've run into an issue- holiday combos are ending, and a lot of the stuff is out of stock!

Currently own:

Hard Driver: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Western...kuId=8492026&st=western digital 1tb&cp=1&lp=5

CD drive (standard with Inspiron 530).

Things I'm getting:

Tower: Newegg.com - NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

What I'm left to get? AMD processor, motherboard, power supply, and graphics card! I returned my PNY Geforce one thankfully, long warranty on that. :p

I use it mostly for gaming, with some video editing on the side. If anyone knows what I should be rocking, I'd love feedback.

I've looked at a lot of parts, but since it's my first time building a computer I want to be sure I have what I need.

Not looking to get broke, but I don't want to get too cheap either. Don't need cutting edge, just looking for something I can be proud to say was my first computer.

What I'm thinking...

Video card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150515#scrollReviews

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX

Power Supply: Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Thanks again guys!

Sounds like you pretty much have everything you need unless you don't want to use the motherboards onboard sound, in that case you could get a soundblaster card, but really if your not planning on making a surround sound out of it I would just use the onboard. There are other places I buy from if you haven't already looked. 3btech dot net, they have good prices I use them more than new egg now or computergeeks.

dont get the caviar green drive, they're meant for data storage and backup. They lack the cache and RPM to be used as an OS drive

Back
Top Bottom