Another One Of Those New Build Threads

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

Just wondered if someone could give this a quick once over, it's been a while since I've built a computer and I'm a little behind on the tech.

Computer is going to be used as a business / home machine, no gaming, just spread sheets and email and browsing.

CPU - Intel Core i5 3350P 3.10GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache.. | Ebuyer.com

Motherboard - Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio.. | Ebuyer.com

Memory - Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Tactical.. | Ebuyer.com

HDD - Hitachi Deskstar 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB.. | Ebuyer.com

That's about it really I've got some cheap old nasty case on there and a half decent PSU and DVD drive but it only needs to be rather standard.

I know this is very budgeted but I've been set a £300 limit for an i5 setup!

I have given him the option of dropping the HDD and going for an SSD then when he is running short on space buy a HDD later on. . . .

to avoid any issues you should get a third generation Ivy Bridge motherboard with your third generation Ivy Bridge CPU.

LGA 1155 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

although it says the Sandy Bridge H61 motherboard can work with Ivy Bridge processors, I believe you need a second gen. Sandy Bridge processor to update the motherboards bios before you can use it with an Ivy Bridge processor.

If you live anywhere near a MicroCenter store, they sell processors for a LOT less, and you can put the savings towards an ssd or something.

Thanks guys (and girls) :).

Just the reassurance I was looking for.

I'm never keen on rather budget builds. I it were my build I'd upgrade the motherboard and switch to an SSD.

Back
Top Bottom