annoying vista

sfxhewitt

In Runtime
dose anyone no how to get rid of that annoying thing that asks for permission alllll theeee timeeeee for everything even stupid things please anyonee!!:eek:

Go in the control pannel, then in User accounts. You should see a link titled "Turn User Account Control On or Off" Click it. Turn it off. Restart.

I hate that user control feature in Vista. For the average to power users, that is as useless as a rat on crack. As long as you know what you're isntalling, the User Account Control is just an annoyance.

I hate that user control feature in Vista. For the average to power users, that is as useless as a rat on crack. As long as you know what you're isntalling, the User Account Control is just an annoyance.

I hate to inform you guys but this feature is present for a reason.............

User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system. It aims to improve the security of Windows by limiting applications to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase in privilege level, in a manner very similar to that seen in Ubuntu Linux. In this way, only applications that the user trusts receive higher privileges, and malware is kept from receiving the privileges necessary to wreak havoc on the operating system.
In other words, with UAC a user may have administrator privileges, but an application that the user runs does not unless it is approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it to have higher privileges.

UAC will usually prompt the user for additional privileges automatically, but the user can also right-click a program and click "Run as administrator".

User Account Control offers a new approach to improving computer security, by fundamentally changing the way applications interact with an operating system and its files. As hackers and others with malicious intent evolve in the level of their security threats, it is imperative that developers work together with Microsoft to continue to create technology that minimizes the impact of this malware. When running in standard user mode, organizations and users are less likely to be impacted by system-level malware.

user account control can protect your computer a lot but onces its turned of there is no point in having it.

I think we all know what it does. It just gets annoying every time you do something or install something, it needs your permission. Of course I'm giving it permission to install something. I don't need a piece of written program that tells me beforehand what I can or can't install. I have it disableb on all my PCs. If you know what you're doing, you won't get any malicious software on your PC.

Run scans on everything you download. Use antispyware to detect malware and other programs sneeking behind your back. Use a strong firewall to protect your ports, etc. The User Control is like a noob feature for noobies who don't know what they're doiing. You get owned by your own PC, lol.

The User Control is like a noob feature for noobies who don't know what they're doiing. You get owned by your own PC, lol.

Yeah noob, you tell it noob.

The UAC is like seriously on crack. What people at Msoft don't get is that if I went through hours of waiting for the torrent to finish, I REALLY want to run it... I am only talking about AA though. And ubuntu.

So you get XP.

Seriously I hate vista just get XP and some antivirus and you're set for... untill microsof decides to be dicks and tries to run XP out.

Seriously, I hate Vista. Just get XP and some antivirus and you're set... until microsoft decides to be dicks and tries to run XP out.

Woohoo, good timing on saying that. I have the perfect news on Windows XP:

Microsoft extends Windows XP's stay

"Bowing to pressure from customers and computer makers, Microsoft plans to keep Windows XP around a little longer.

Large PC manufacturers were slated to have to stop selling XP after January 31. However, they have successfully lobbied Microsoft to allow them to continue selling PCs with all flavors of Windows XP preloaded until June 30, a further five months. Microsoft also plans to keep XP on retail shelves longer and will allow computer makers in emerging markets to build machines with Windows XP Starter Edition until June 2010.

The move indicates the continued demand for the older operating system, some nine months after Windows Vista hit store shelves.

In recent weeks, several PC makers launched programs that allow new PC buyers to more easily "downgrade" their Vista Business and Vista Ultimate machines to Windows XP. Fujitsu, which was among those lobbying for the change, has started including an XP restore disc in the box with all of its laptops running Vista Business.

"This allows the installed base of Windows XP users more time to manage the transition to Vista, which is important for some smaller companies with limited resources," Paul Moore, senior director of mobile product marketing for Fujitsu, said in a statement.

Dell also said it support's Microsoft's decision.

"We believe the additional time will help some customers to prepare for the transition from XP to Vista," the company said in a statement.
Microsoft, for its part, sought to downplay the impact of the move, disagreeing with the notion that there is still strong demand for XP.

"We wouldn't term it strong," said Kevin Kutz, a director in Microsoft's Windows Client unit. "We would describe this as accommodating a certain element who needs more time."

Kutz said Microsoft had seen similar demand patterns with past releases and noted that in the past, old operating systems remained available for around 18 months after the release of a new operating system.

"While Windows Vista sales are still going strong...we recognize there are some customers that need more time," Kutz said."

Back
Top Bottom