AMD ZEN'S HYPERQUIZ! (Week3) VOTING OVER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AMD ZEN'S HYPERQUIZ! (Week3)

well just have to see when my beeday rolls around when I think he will reveal it!! my beedays this sunday!! 2 days till im 20!!!yaya!

Lord Kalthorn said:
A Cache has nothing to do with Front Side Bus Speed?

Sorry, I realised that when I posted. I didn't actually mean the relevance of FSB in relation to cache. merely what is FSB and what does it do/mean. Sorry for confusion.

Ok then all, Heres where you can impress people (by all means cheat and use the net to find the answers it's your time lol) some definitions/explanations of some basic terms that (some of) I dont understand fully, or as much as I'd like to:
FSB
Cache
(just for you Zen) Hyper Transport
(LK i presume that makes this yours) Hyper Threading
SATA (serial ata, but expansion on that)
RAID (this is a personal one for me, not a clue what it is and im always hearing about it.)
That'll do for now, I'll add some more should I think of any (if you have any, quote this post and add them underneath)
The task is merely to inform users such as myself what these things are/do in detail but, and here's the tricky part, making it understandable to the average joe (of the comupter world of course, not the average joe because that just wouldn't happen, bonus points if you can do that lol).
If anyone answering this has a very good knowledge of it perhaps make a thread with concise definitions/explanations for all to view in stickydom forever more :)

oooh i can do cache, i was listening that day in computing :D

cache is a small amount of memory that is very fast acting. it is located in or very close to the cpu. it holds commonly used instructions. basically the processor tries to guess what the next command is going to be and having the cache full of instructions that can be accessed far faster than ram (or unbelievable faster than hdd) means it can process more quickly as it is in a way expecting the instruction.

the larger amount of cache the more instructions can be held within and so the quicker the processor can process diffeent signals, overall improving performance.

most of that is straight from ma notes up on screen 2 lol. so should be right (for my level!)

interested to here a good definition of fsb....

Umm actally i was typing a article on computer jargon and was gonna post it up but i forgot to back it up and it got lost

heh, unlucky and nice definition of cache :) much more to go though people :D

On another note, I'm still the only one to have guessed C. I feel proud lol. (stupid, but proud :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom