Amd X2 3800+

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
just wondering what this cpu gets on 3dmark03 and 3dmark05 stock. and if its worth buying. right now my cpu runs 3dmark05 with like 1-2fps, also when i burn a dvd it runs @ 100% so i cant do anything else, i can but it works very slowly. any ideas?

It's a pretty good processor for the money. Not sure about the 3DMarks though, although synthetic tests aren't always the best way to go since some are biased towards certain companies. Becides, a real-world test is almost always better. If you want to do synthetic testing, use AquaMark03.

main question would be iuf i got that cpu..would i be able to burn a dvd and still use my computer, or is there a cheaper alternative other than overclocking because i just got hugely pissed off at overclocking last night and i dont feel like doing it, too much stuff to fiddle and mess with.

Yes. The whole purpose of dual-core is to maximize your multitasking efficiency. Dual-core doesn't mean that you'll get a signifigantly faster processor, but it will be faster if you multitask. One core can easily burn DVD's while the other core performs other things like games or internet browsing without any lag or slowdown.

hmm ima seriously think about getting that then, it'd really be worth it to me, since i could have css playing while im burning a dvd. since they take about 2-2 1/2 hours to burn. just need to sell some stuff i guess any single cores that arent as expensive as the 3800+X2 that would still allow me to do stuff while burning a dvd?
?

Not really. Like I said, the whole point of dual-cores are multitasking. That's what they truely excel at.

yea, ok ill seriously think about this cpu now, but is it just plug and works or do i have to update mobo drivers or bios or anything? my mobo is in my sig

Hmm...not sure. MSI maybe has a BIOS update for that motherboard, but most motherboards these days support Athlon X2 anyways...either way, you should check to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom