AMD vs. Intel - Your opinion

I have a preference for Intel myself. However in every competitive market some brands are made for certain niches while others are made for other niches. So are you looking for price or quality or something else would be the real question (I'm suggesting that your polling may be better with more specific, elaborate questions).

lol

your right, I even started a poll on this, and I can't find it.

lol

I have a preference for Intel myself. However in every competitive market some brands are made for certain niches while others are made for other niches. So are you looking for price or quality or something else would be the real question (I'm suggesting that your polling may be better with more specific, elaborate questions).

Tell you the truth, I really don't care which brand I go with. As long as it works, I'm fine.

Different markets/uses/prices at the time all matter.

They were probably deleted because they end up being flame wars by fanboys

Owned em both they are both good IMO but from my experience AMD processors run hotter

They are both really good. At the current moment, deciding on which processor to choose by and large is determined by what kind of machine you want. I voted AMD because they always seem to hit that perfect price/performance ratio. They have fallen behind Intel lately; a part of me wonders from time to time if this has anything to do with their recent acquisition of ATI graphics, but who knows? I could wake up tomorrow and AMD could have a new processor that rocks the Intel boat. Just the way it works.

In my experience, and I've owned both. Intel is a good solid performer, very stable and reliable. My first PC had a Pentium P54CS 200 MHz and I stayed with them right up to Core2Duo 2.4GHz.
now I've switched to AMD(in my sig), and so far a good solid performer, very stable and reliable. But for the price of an equivalent Intel, the AMD is a better buy price wise.
Thou people will come on and say that Intel makes a better chip and AMD has been using the same socket for far too long. But I feel that's how AMD keeps their prices down, by not having to swap out equipment every 6 months.

this is just my view on it, I'm not using any reference info or the like. And I'm most likely wrong. But.. You can't go wrong with ether.

Back
Top Bottom