AMD v Intel

Well, that depends. What is going to be the main use of the computer? Would you like to overclock it? I would say go with Intel, seeing as how they are the ones on top of the ball right now with their much more powerful processors. However, AMD might make a comeback.

What models are you looking at?

have you ever though about price esa or do you think money grows on trees dont reccomend the best C2D just because it is good. think about PRICE! 233$ for a cpu is ludacrois specially if your not going to OC it. i can get my cpu up to the stock benches on a E6400 for 59$ and a free rainbow six vegas. i hate when people just say oh the e6600 is good. it isnt worth it unless you have liquid cooling. otherwise the lower end C2D can be overclocked to the same speed with no problem. and did i mention there 100$ cheaper and have the same amount of cache now.

have you ever though about price esa or do you think money grows on trees dont reccomend the best C2D just because it is good. think about PRICE! 233$ for a cpu is ludacrois specially if your not going to OC it. i can get my cpu up to the stock benches on a E6400 for 59$ and a free rainbow six vegas. i hate when people just say oh the e6600 is good. it isnt worth it unless you have liquid cooling. otherwise the lower end C2D can be overclocked to the same speed with no problem. and did i mention there 100$ cheaper and have the same amount of cache now.
I agree, people have budgets esa.

Besides that, the lower end Core 2 Duos will run any game on the market awesome.

That's false Legend, AMD makes great processors.

amd great i got one
and i just assume if your building a pc
your spending a lot of cash

Both Amd and Intel processors are great , as you may find but the core 2 duos offer more performance but if you are looking at a high en amd such as a 5200 or above proly would be just as capable of running your games as a core 2 duo

also just because the core 2 duo offers better perofrmance dosent mean games are unplayable on an amd processor

another thing tgo consider is budget , as you can get amd processors from £43 or about $85usd which is very cheap indeed

yeah it depends on your budget if you got a high - medium budget get a C2D if you got a low budget get an AMD at the moment AMD are offering better performance for the money in lower end processors.

how bout you give us a budget and we could reccomend a whole build coz it also depends on your budget for the rest of your computer its pointless getting the best processor on the market with low speed RAM and crap motherboard

Well, I've got about $950 on my budget. I want to use the computer for some games, surf the net, and do homework. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom