AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
acphenom said:
No, you can't just keep wasting energy and burning fossil fuels like they'll never run out.

AMD CPU's with Cool 'n' Quiet technology enabled are the best performance-per-watt chips around, but notebooks are the best.

Thats why people use Athlon XP-Ms to overclock....and you can get a mobile 3700+ to 3.0Ghz with the right cooling.

No, the idea is that mobile chips > desktop chips, cause they offer almost as good performance but consume a lot less power.

The 1.6GHz low-voltage Pentium M would do me fine, i think, but the Turion MT-40 (2.2GHz) is probably the best performance-per-watt CPU around.

I would never overclock a chip.

Overclock:=No.

I would never overclock a chip either.

I do not agree with overclocking, as it only increases speed by a little and is known to cause problems, and it is unessecary, only if your CPU is performing poorly.

acphenom said:
No, the idea is that mobile chips > desktop chips, cause they offer almost as good performance but consume a lot less power.

The 1.6GHz low-voltage Pentium M would do me fine, i think, but the Turion MT-40 (2.2GHz) is probably the best performance-per-watt CPU around.

I would never overclock a chip.

You would never oc a moblie chip, but desktops, esspeically if you want more performance, have the best cooling, and can pay for new replacements, yeah, you would. Push a 3.8ghz intel to 4.56 with phase change and you could have quite a cpu. Or, for amd, oc the 4800+ and get the fastest, or one of the fastest, cpu's in the world... lol.. but yes, I agree too. Oc'ing is not the best... it wear's down your parts... indeed.

Performance is shit to me. Overclocking a CPU is not only dangerous, but it makes your warranty void, and consumes a lot more power, which raises electricity bills, and, more importantly, wastes more of the limited amount of energy resources we have left, so i'm sticking with performance-per-watt.

If VIA's new C7-M is better performing than the Pentium M as VIA have tried to make out, then i would love to get a new laptop with one in. The C7-M's will probably be cheap too, so it's like a dream chip for me.

acphenom said:
so i'm sticking with performance-per-watt.

That would have to be AMD. As far as I look at OCing things, OC to tolerable levels. If you go higher than recommended without the proper cooling, you're taking a much bigger risk of damaging your components. In either case, if the CPU or GPU somehow fry, I guess that can give you guys a good reason to buy an even better part, lol.

for the same money you can get a higher clock speed intel .. if this answeres your quiestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom