AMD Processors are faster than intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day,

Indeed.

Which is precisely why I said "Jackass"

My friends here that did it do not know what they are doing.

Hence, unstable performance.

However, I do not see a right way to do that anyway.

I still would not recommend that.

There is a right way to do it, you just have to have excellent cooling, stable, high quality RAM, an excellent motherboard with a proven chipset, and some decent knowledge about voltages and RAM timings and latency.

Cool.

Cool. :)

I am creating a website (Paretovex-CR) about Computers/Computing as well as gaming.

You seem very knowledgable.

Would you consider joining Paretovex voluntarily?

You would most likely get to learn even more.

:)

Opteronix said:
And you are both very mistaken...

Overclocking a chip CAN have consequences if not done properly. HOWEVER, if done correctly, there are no adverse side effect whatsoever. Let me explain:

When OCing a processor, you are increasing the amount of electrons moving across a charge plate and silicon resistor in a given period of time, measured in Hertz (Hz). Thusly... this requires the multipliers or data BUS speed (also known as Front Side BUS) to be set higher. Also, voltages need to regulated properly in accordance with silicon resistance levels and dipole arrangement (aka, the core design of the CPU). Now, taking into account that 88% of processors use G54 silicon wafer design (the exception being ARM processors made by Texas Instruments), that design implements a voltage "slosh" level. Basically, when you increase the voltage, the electrons "slosh" in a pit near a charge plate or diode, causing a leak (aka HEAT). HOWEVER, with proper cooling the dissipates the heat quickly and efficiently, then the entropied heat is a void issue at that moment. Now, at a certain point (usually a very high one), voltages can damage the internal silicon diodes and wafer structure of the chips. This is RARE, and requires PURE STUPIDTY when altering the CMOS settings or a massive jolt from the PSU. Overclocking does not blow up CPU, over watting does, which happens when you are stupid and don't know how to build a PC. If Ocing destroys your power supply, then that means you were foolish and didn't buy a large enough PSU in the first place (being that OCing only uses an additional 5-15watts!).

AMD doesn't do OCing! Their chips are manufactured at levels and clock multipliers set properly. If anything, Intel simply raises the multiplier and creates exorbitant amounts of heat with their poorly designed Prescott 31 pipeline long piped icky nasty piece of GARBAGE. So, please do not call OCing stupid and unnessecary without proper evidence. Just because your friends cannot do it properly doesn't mean anything.

With an explanation like that who can argue. Sounds good to me. That's what happens when you go to MIT. Sorry about all the MIT stuff but it's rare I get a chance to even associate with someone that goes there. To me, it's top notch school/research facility. I agree with Prescotts inefficient design causing a high build up of heat. I'm sure Intel is on top of that and their next generation of CPU will be much improved.

TRDCorolla said:
With an explanation like that who can argue. Sounds good to me. That's what happens when you go to MIT. Sorry about all the MIT stuff but it's rare I get a chance to even associate with someone that goes there. To me, it's top notch school/research facility. I agree with Prescotts inefficient design causing a high build up of heat. I'm sure Intel is on top of that and their next generation of CPU will be much improved.

Yes, the Conroe is very impressive thus far. Their new K process is truly unique, but so is the Gallium DX process from AMD.

Intel's going to be using the Pentium M core and all sorts stuff. They've got a number of dual core chips scheduled to be delivered at 65 nanometres too.

TRDCorolla said:
Intel's going to be using the Pentium M core and all sorts stuff. They've got a number of dual core chips scheduled to be delivered at 65 nanometres too.

Not really, they are inventing an ENTIRELY NEW CORE, called Conroe. Very cool stuff. 65nm HOPEFULLY, but I am skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom