AMD processor question

But the thing is, you only got $650 to spend. For that setup, it's pretty good. Even Dell can't beat that price for the specs you have. If you're willing to spend more, get the OCZ Gold or Platinum series RAM, higher performance CPU, and that new Asus motherboard. It looks really good. Abit makes good motherboard too. For video card, a 6600GT is a nice upgrade and a new X-Fi sound card or an Audigy 2 ZS if you're on a budget.

welll i'd have to spend $70 more just to get the next processor.....I'd like to get the gold...but once again i doubt i'll need that good of ram...whats the new mobo????i've never seen it before...or maybe i have i can't remember

I think i'll stick with my quality board i have now....$200 for a mobo..i'd buy a better processor before i bought that......Well thanks for all the help.....if you have any other recommendations for a hard drive around $60 lemme know...SATA interface....might as well take advantage of it

I would get this for the hard drive. I love Western Digital. Look at all the wonderful reviews. All positive (unbelievable). They simply make the best drives:

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822135106

This goes perfect with that MSI Neo4 motherboard. I think that motherboard supports SATA150 like the hard drive. Better make sure they match up for maximum compatibility.

now......one thing i was wondering.....is it recommended that i get a floppy drive????I have never been really sure....so now i ask

sp any old floppy with work...i found a great samsung one that has a lot of reviews...its only $7.75 anyway...and yeah i think i do need it to install the drivers

well.....i'm gonna order it tomorrow probably.......Ihave everything up and looks good...everything is perfectly compatable.....so we'll see what happens....Thanks for all the help...i'll be on all night so if you have any other comments i'd be happy to listen.....but to everyone else thanks for helping me out on my first build you've all helped me so much

Back
Top Bottom