Amd With Msi Motherboard Not Turning On!!!help!!

bimmerracer88

Beta member
I have an AMD with a MSI KT6 Delta mainboard.

everything cuts on fine until i plug a 4-wire connector in on the the mainboard. after doing this it trips the circuit in the power supply and shuts everything off. does anyone know what may be causing this, or does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for this motherboard so i can figure out where it goes. thanks for all the help. and btw ive replaced the power supply already

I have an AMD with a MSI KT6 Delta mainboard.

everything cuts on fine until i plug a 4-wire connector in on the the mainboard. after doing this it trips the circuit in the power supply and shuts everything off. does anyone know what may be causing this, or does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for this motherboard so i can figure out where it goes. thanks for all the help. and btw ive replaced the power supply already

have you taken everything out and tried reseating the motherboard...?

This going to require you taking the motherboard back out.
On the back of the board check where the 4 pin plug is soldered in to the board. There should be just enough to hold the plug in place. If any is shorting accross this could be the problem.
Or
If you're plugging in the aux power to the board after firing the system up it could be surging the power supply and making it shut down. You plug all connections in then fire it up.
IMO most likely it's a defect with the motherboard. That would be unusal though. I'm on a MSI P4 board and not one bit of trouble for over 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom