Hi everyone, if you couldn't tell by the title of this thread, I'm having a bit of trouble choosing between AMD or Intel for my CPU.
I would like to just get this out of the way, please if you are a fanboy of either choice, just don't respond. Now that's out of the way, let's get started.
The AMD CPU I would go with is the FX 8350. Here's some of the cons I know about it.
- Consumes a higher amount of wattage then the Intel Choice.
- Worse single-core performance.
- Uses a outdated socket, or soon to be.
Here's some pros to not seem unfair.
- Very high overclock ability.
- 8 cores if games ever can take advantage of that many.
- Since the price drop, it's cheaper then the Intel Choice.
The Intel CPU I would be using is the Core I5 4690K. Of course here are some cons.
- More expensive as I said before.
- Makes me spend more on the GPU. I will not use an AMD GPU with an Intel CPU, just annoys me.
- Z97 Motherboards also costs more then 990FX.
Here's some pros as well.
- It's faster then the AMD Choice.
- Lower power consumption.
- Z97 has Broadwell coming out next year, so much better upgrade paths.
I would like to know your overall opinion. They both are good CPUS, just tell me which one would be better for a gaming PC. I hope you all have a great time, and I will see you later. I'll be at work before you respond, so BYE!