AMD or Intel

my friends 2.8Ghz Northwood went up to 3.6 24/7 on air. The ONLY thing bad about northwoods is NSDS, yes, NSDS. What that stands for is Northwood Sudden Death Syndrome. It happens quite often with overclocked processors where one day, it just decideds to commit suicide. Why is beyond my knowledge.

MikeReiner said:
Yeah, but you gotta admit that the northwood was pretty good for it's time. My dad's 2.4ghz northwood creams that old athlonxp 2400+ you were using. (espescially in hl2/css)
True
I'm glad I have a new pc now, the XP 2400+ was holding me back a lot, couldn't get past 15 fps in HL2 Episode 1 no matter what graphics settings I put.

c0d3_z3r0 said:
True
I'm glad I have a new pc now, the XP 2400+ was holding me back a lot, couldn't get past 15 fps in HL2 Episode 1 no matter what graphics settings I put.
15 is unbelievably low..

ownage said:
my friends 2.8Ghz Northwood went up to 3.6 24/7 on air. The ONLY thing bad about northwoods is NSDS, yes, NSDS. What that stands for is Northwood Sudden Death Syndrome. It happens quite often with overclocked processors where one day, it just decideds to commit suicide. Why is beyond my knowledge.
Weird.. I heard that those northwoods couldn't get better than 4.1 ghz without crashing, but I didn't know they had the tendancy to just die out of the blue while overclocked..

ownage said:

Too much stress? :p

I love intel cuase it simplier than AMD and all the Amd computers ive used sucked badly
Core Duo

just to clear this up for everybody..... amd crushes intel in 0-175 dollar processors...but from there up intel is the winner hands down. intel core 2 duo will beat the x2 models easily...if you dont belive me check toms hardware comparisons...the benchmarks prove it!!!!

i know how amd processor easily burn up compare it to some intel processors.. i just cant beleive i suck at defending my line on the other forums, hehe!

i use athlon for gaming

intel for multitasking puposes

still confused with this one..

Back
Top Bottom