AMD or Intel

apparently quad-core isn't as good as it seems, oh yeah, my friend said this to my friend who has a quad-core "overclock it bu 3 gigahertz and turn off the fans, you'll be alright" we laughed for so long

apparently quad-core isn't as good as it seems, oh yeah, my friend said this to my friend who has a quad-core "overclock it bu 3 gigahertz and turn off the fans, you'll be alright" we laughed for so long
How is that funny?? And how exactly does that show that it's not as good as it seems...:rolleyes:

That's so pointless. Quad-cores are just a waste of money right now. There are hardly, if any programs that take full use of all four cores. It'll be a while before quad-cores become practical, so for now dual-cores are more useful.

Well, since the landing of the Core 2 duo, any PC with more than £90 being spent on a CPU is better of with Intel hands down. Especially with the crazy E4300. I've got mine on a Quad Pumped FSB of 1.44GHz running cool at 3.25GHz on AirCooling. Arctic Freezer 7 pro or summint I'm using.

1st Intel build I've did. Always was an AMD man till now.

What voltage are you running at? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom