AMD or Intel

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ vs. Pentium D 820 w/ dual Core?

I have it down to these two computers from Dell. I'm not a gamer, but want to do video editing, Photo Shop work and DVD burning. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi, im getting a new custom built computer, i want it for gaming and windows Vista.

Should i get Intel CORE 2 DUO E6400 2.13GHZ 2MB 1066 LGA775 Retail Box

Or

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ Socket-939 2x512K Retail Box

dont care about the price.

get the intel core 2 duo, its the best rite now, but amd doesnt suck... pssh. md is still good. its not piece of craip.

AMD is coming out with a 4x4 line of prcessors. The benchmarks are lower now, but wait for the apps and games to utilize it.

I like intel because they have the core 2 duo but the AMD athlon X2 is also a pretty good processor as well.

Haha, two years ago, I would've never imagined the poll would be this close. Back then, it would've vastly been in AMD's favor. Now...sheesh, wow. :eek:

istonian said:
AMD is coming out with a 4x4 line of prcessors. The benchmarks are lower now, but wait for the apps and games to utilize it.

Kentsfield beats 4x4 :rolleyes:

I'd say Intel. They're way ahead of AMD, they're coming out with 45nm chips soon, and AMD hasn't even touched 65nm yet. Not only this but Core 2 Quad is already out, as well as the Xeon versions. Intel is just way ahead of AMD so far. To me it seems like AMD is just coming up with a bunch of stupid ideas as of late. 4x4 won't go anywhere, Torenza is stupid, and the acquisition of ATI has yet to prove useful. I think AMD is just way in over their heads this time around.

Back
Top Bottom