AMD or Intel?

Yeah, same. I had, HAD, and intel 3.2ghz... man, it was terrible! My 3500+ pwns!

malbuc87uk said:
I hear the heat problem is the main reason why people slate P4 based notebooks.

That and their heavy power use.

The Pentium M Centrino is much better though.

Well, the Pentium 4 based notebook were originally designed as a desktop replacement, not as a ultralight/ traveler. That's the Pentium M's job.

EDIT>>> Speaking of the Pentium M, Intel is developing a dual-core version of the Pentium M, code-named "Yonah". Now that will be exciting and quite a breakthough.

Intel found their Pentium M laptop CPU works soooooooo good and efficient that they are basing that architecture to the desktops. Man that's funny.

why does no-one use AMD CPU's in their systems then in general, like, Dell always use Intel??? And they're more expensive.

Is it purely because people know the name 'Intel' and it makes them sell???

I think Dell has a contract with Intel but not with AMD (managements decision). HP/Compaq have contracts to use AMD and Intel.

Dell have an Intel-only agreement, meaning that they get their CPU's the cheapest and first, which is really sad, considering the energy and power wasted by the CPU's, as well as the butt-ugly performance.

The day Intel change their desktop lines to Pentium M's is the day they have a real challenge for AMD.

I'm quite disturbed that they're making a 32-bit dual-core mobile CPU though, especially with AMD having the Turion out.

I don't know too much in this department...Why does changing to Pentium M make a difference? Also, why does making 32-bit dual core for mobile use matter???

the truth is amd 64 cpus are the best for games, nothing else is better than games compared to amd 64 cpus. pentium 4s are second best in games compared to amd 64 cpus. this is how it is. its that simple to understand.

This is the 21st century, where being energy-efficient is very important. Pentium 4's and D's certainly aren't energy-efficient, but Pentium M's definitely are, and are far from being poor performers.

Mainstream computing is going 64-bit and with AMD having 64-bit mobile CPU's out, it's rather unwise of Intel to make a 32-bit dual-core CPU. They're gonna lose a lot of sales to those who want 64-bit notebooks.

TRDCorolla said:
Intel found their Pentium M laptop CPU works soooooooo good and efficient that they are basing that architecture to the desktops. Man that's funny.

Well, the Pentium M is a very good core...it's very well designed. I think ASUS came out with this adapter where you could use a Pentium M on a normal Socket 478 motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom