amd or intel

scottyp123

Solid State Member
hey this is my first buy of a new computer and im not sure which one i should get.
which is the better one and which is the cheaper one.
and is there anything i should get to make it a good comp any tip will help thanx...

scottyp123 said:
hey this is my first buy of a new computer and im not sure which one i should get.
which is the better one and which is the cheaper one.
and is there anything i should get to make it a good comp any tip will help thanx...

i wanna play games

well then..
amd is generally better for gaming, generally cheaper as well.
depending on your budget id say at least a amd 3200+ and a nvidia 6600 graphics card. or the ati equivalent.
make sure you've got good graphics and good processor and say 512+mb of pc3200 ram.
that should play most games. if your budget permits then go all out and get better!

Yeah an AMD 3000+ or higher will run games nice. 6600GT is cheap but a very good card. Make sure you get a 939 one though

Yeah I agree with AMD being the best for gaming :)

If you were to do alot of tasks that need multi-tasking as well, I'd say to go for an Intel, since I find sometimes that the AMD doesn't give me enough power for this type of thing (When I'm running alot of programs at once). If you have some good memory to help though, then this definitely speeds things up :p but yeah, theres nothing wrong with AMD for this also, and as long as gaming is a big thing, AMD is so much better.

I agree on that card to 99nasha suggests. Its powerful for games out at the moment, and will be for a while i'd think. Plus its a nice cheap but effective card for your cash :)

Also, dont get tricked into thinking a AMD Athon 64 3000+ running at 2.0ghz (i think) isn't as good as a 3.0ghz Pentium, since you'd be wrong. AMD uses a different type of structure where more processes gets done in each clock, maximising performance, so can easily match and be better than a Pentium clocked at 3.0ghz

Hope this helps

Please get an AMD Athlon 64 CPU. Currently, Intel doesn't have any CPU that comes to the efficiency of AMD. With AMD, you get value price with BIG performance. That's the whole AMD concept. By all means, just because they cost cheaper doesn't mean they are built cheap. They're architecture is much more better than Intel's.

If you want to go with Dual-Core, oh my freaking god, the Athlons will once again literally SMOKE Intel. Intels having problems again with heat issue. They need to redesign their processors from scratch.

in this month's issue of pc world magazine they tested cpu's and the amd processors running on n-force 4 boards just absolutely dominated the gaming tests....so thats something to keep in mind when you are choosing your parts

AMD for gaming ;)

Intel for anything else. And no, AMD's don't multitask as well as Intel CPUs.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ and when I run several programs like MS Anti-Spyware, Norton Virus Scanner and Windows Defragmenter etc. it completely slows down to a level where I can notice it lagging when trying to use MS Word or IM'ing people.

Intel doesn't win in everything else. It wins in some multitasking programs, but not all of them. And it certainly does not lead in business applications. I hate it when people spread the myth that AMD is only good at games.

Back
Top Bottom