AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point Giancarlo
i dont know what CoVetous is getting at. he dont understand nothing or somthing. i mean its intel the has a overheating problem, not amd. that is totally unheard of. even the biggest intel fans admitted that intel's got a overheating problem!!!

Giancarlo said:
And thumbs down to fools who compare Bartons and Semprons with P4 with HT.... what a fool. By the way, the Longhorn is NOT developed around the Intel. It is developed around 64-bit CPUs, which include the Athlon 64
Longhorn was... Windows Pro x64 was built around AMD 64s and Extended Intel's and for not completely 64-bit other Processors. Longhorn is being built around Intel Chips; its not to say AMDs won't work well with Longhorn; if not as well. AMDs are built around Intels! The point is Intel have ties with Microsoft anyway - the point of bothering to make new ties is a great deal of waste on an already behind Development Schedule.

Bartons are against Pentium 4s, not Celerons. Semprons are against Celeron Ds. P4 HTs are against 64s but still - 8 Seconds. He obviously doesn't have a 64 or he would have done it - you don't need to question his knowledge because of his lack of an AMD 64 - he was the most impartial person we've had on this thread for a long time (other than myself; who runs an AMD 64 and still agrees the P4 HTs and EEs are faster).

8 Seconds is a lot - and the 64s are not 8 seconds better than the bartons :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Longhorn was... Windows Pro x64 was built around AMD 64s and Extended Intel's and for not completely 64-bit other Processors. Longhorn is being built around Intel Chips; its not to say AMDs won't work well with Longhorn; if not as well. AMDs are built around Intels! The point is Intel have ties with Microsoft anyway - the point of bothering to make new ties is a great deal of waste on an already behind Development Schedule.

This is where the brainlessness comes in from Intel users. Sheesh, LK you don't even use Intel (from looking at your signature). Longhorn is being built around AMD chips. AMD also has leverage with Microsoft from what I hear.

Bartons are against Pentium 4s, not Celerons. Semprons are against Celeron Ds. P4 HTs are against 64s but still - 8 Seconds. He obviously doesn't have a 64 or he would have done it - you don't need to question his knowledge because of his lack of an AMD 64 - he was the most impartial person we've had on this thread for a long time (other than myself; who runs an AMD 64 and still agrees the P4 HTs and EEs are faster).

Bartons are budget CPUs, dimwit. Semprons are budget CPUs too. Both are against Celerons. But Bartons are pretty much discontinued. AMD 64s are way faster then the fastest P4 HT out there.. and by 20%. He was not impartial. He was very misinformed in considering the tests truthful. Anybody with a brain would agree with me that the AMD 64 is faster then the P4 HT and EEs. Anybody with some common sense.

8 Seconds is a lot - and the 64s are not 8 seconds better than the bartons :D

Idiot wrong again. You have a brain. Use it for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom