AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1= flash bios to newest version
2= learn to lay heatsinks and apply thermal
3= its intel

yep its intel

There is alot of thermal grease

Please someone tell me where I can update my bios?
I tired looking at motherboards manufacturer's site and Award bios site, nothin.

Ive got ECS ELITEGROUP P4VMM2

Oh and Is there and AMD processor which doesnt overheat that is fast for soket 478? If so please tell me the site or the specifications.

Thanx

I tried everything alot of grease, less grease normal amount of grease. something is wrong because most custom built PCs overheat AMD or intel. its just that AMD has higher temperature limit than intel. But still if i walk into a computer store say futureshop and by a pentium 4 at 2.4 or 2.8 or up to 3.8GHz its not going to oveheat even though they are alot faster than mine I've got 2.4Ghz. Mine overheats and its put together myself. And the computers futureshop has are put together by some idiot in the company reading a manual and it doesnt overheat.
If all of my friends and my bro's friends computers overheat something is wrong, like its fixed to overheat if you put it yourself. :(

Do you think it would be smart to call the company?
Also I will try to buy a new motherboard with CPU overheating protection (COP). I just hope its not set to shut down your computer when temperature is critical. Well thanx for your help, if you have any further tips please post them. Thank you.

Oh yeah I also wanted to ask you something, everybody: Please everybody List all the factors that could effect why CPU is overheating.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom