AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol; I don't think I'll comment on Megaman's Crap attempt at an Intel Logo :D

But it is true - Intels are great! I have been on an AMD 64 3200 for ages now and its dreadful! Completely dreadful! I'm sure I'll feel happier when there's a 64-bitted something I can use, but until then I regret not getting an Intel 3.2.

Well, i'll have to say that i can go either way....as long as it remains stable & fast, that's the chip for me...Lol

That is possible, but they will achieve it at a much higher speed. The fact that AMD's CPUs are competing with Intel processors around 3ghz+ at 2ghz+ speeds is amazing.

intel are only good for gaming, on grphic/mmedia apps they lack power. they often lock up and they cant handle photoshop/gimp/winmedia10/bearshare/mozilla ff with 5 tabs/ms outlook/ms frontpage/downloading pic from my sony cam/and also soemtimes buring a cd at the same time as well as my amd 3200 can. I tested this on a intel extreme edition pc and it locked up completely and it had more ram than my comp has! mine has 256 this one had 512

and it was almost the same config as mine with very little background tasks running and even had more space on the hard drive as mine I curently have two partitions one for server 2003 which is 25 gigs and the rest is win xp pro @ approx 49 gigs and 21 free. the system I tested had 100 gig with 70 free. I will not disclose the manufacturer but I can assure it wasnt a dell or hp.

and I constantly work on those apps all at once not letting any of tehm go idle very long and I havent even optimized windows much at all been busy with business stuff. all except going to ms config now and then never defragged. virus scans automatic.

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
intel are only good for gaming, on grphic/mmedia apps they lack power. they often lock up and they cant handle photoshop/gimp/winmedia10/bearshare/mozilla ff with 5 tabs/ms outlook/ms frontpage/downloading pic from my sony cam/and also soemtimes buring a cd at the same time as well as my amd 3200 can. I tested this on a intel extreme edition pc and it locked up completely and it had more ram than my comp has! mine has 256 this one had 512

and it was almost the same config as mine with very little background tasks running and even had more space on the hard drive as mine I curently have two partitions one for server 2003 which is 25 gigs and the rest is win xp pro @ approx 49 gigs and 21 free. the system I tested had 100 gig with 70 free. I will not disclose the manufacturer but I can assure it wasnt a dell or hp.

If the Intel was slower and locked up, it's either faulty or some idiot installed the O/S. An intel will ALWAYS beat an AMD while multi-tasking.

The proof can be found @ www.custompc.co.uk under the beat the office pc benchmark.

The fastest AMD is ranked number 70. with only 3 in the top 150.

Once again, Currently the owner of 2 Intel P4 HT (main machines) and 10 AMD's, left as folding rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom