AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's air cooled. a Zalman 7000alcu. the case is a lian li, which does help cool a system on it's own.

Idle temp is around 33'c if really pressed it gets to 52'c.

Running something like need 4 speed underground with e-mule downloading in the background the temp is 41/43'c

The case has 4 fans and if i have all turned on the temp drops by about 4 degrees. (i normaly use 3)

Just seen a setup similar to mine but with a vapour chill attached.

That beast was running at 4.4Ghz

The processor was cooled to -45'c

That's nearly as cold as the reception it get when i visit my X. :D

Lol - thats a lot. I'm sure it must be possible to improvise your own watercooling system - once you can do that it is almost too easy to start making more and more complex systems. I'm not even going to try - I don't have the money! :D But its easy enough to do it to other items. I'm working on doing it to the hob (electric). I can get it to about 100 Degrees on a 200 Degree Hob.

Problem with that is that the plate of Metal I use to conduct the heat generally pops as the trapped air between it and the hob heats to the point that a 2 pound plate of metal shoots in the air about a metre after 5 minutes. My mum won't let me put my Thermal Glue on the Pan :mad: so I can't really go on from there.

It Really IS a good idea. use an old athlon ontop of the cooker. test the heatsink/water block temp with a guage.

You've only got a athlon 700 or something to lose.

Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom