AMD HSF retention bracket thingey... Grrrrrrrrrrr

~Rob

Baseband Member
So'k, was putting the new rig together today and wasnt looking forward to putting the nasty stock HFS on, if only I'd known :rolleyes:. What the hell is with that black handle thing, according to the p***poor instructions, it clips down and secures the whole assembly.. Has anyone actually managed to secure it without breaking their Motherboard in half?!?

Currently, its left how it was when I fitted the HSF, seems secure enough :D but if anyone had any tips, I'd be forever in your debt? :)

We're talking an AMD 3500+ retail supplied job, if it helps.

Yeah, the heatsink/fan that comes with the AMD processors suck nowadays...they're so hard to latch on without breaking something. I got my AMD Athlon 64 3400+ heatsink/fan on pretty easily...but those ones were better.

Suck they do! :D

Had another go at trying to clip it in place today and gave up for fear of breaking something... It seems secure enough still, so I guess we'll just have to hope it stays that way.

One thing I know for sure..... Come payday, I'm buying an aftermarket one! :D

hmmmmmm, i never tried the stock brackets, i highly suggest a thermaltake volcano, if your are in the market for an aftermarket heatsink/cpu fan.

Put the CPU in, and put the heatsink on top. Make sure the metal clips with holes on are over the sticking out bits on the bracket. Pull the lever over. You gotta put pressure on it to ensure good contact. It doesn't break anything.

Back
Top Bottom