AMD Heatsink rotate 90 degrees now possible

PokerDegenerate

Daemon Poster
Well after much searching I have finally found a retention bracket that will all the rotation of heatsinks on an AM2+ socket. Enzotech Type S It essentially turns an AM2+ socket into a 775 intel socket so any heatsink with 775 mounting brackets will now be able to be used on AM2+ and also allows you to fix the Heatsink in any direction you want. Don't know if this will help anyone here out but I know Im sure happy about it.

I have a question, did they change the layout for the AM3? I remember when I tried to put a heatsink to blow upwards, it was having conflict with my ram. So I can only have 2 sticks of ram.

Nope it is the same as AM2+ well the bracket which you mount the HSF too the actual socket it self has a different pin layout but the dimensions of the bracket are exactly the same.

And that is the problem I have been having Teny was that the heatsink is blocking the RAM slots but as long as you dont have RAM with large heatspreaders than you can install it before the HSF but its a pretty close fit. Also it makes the airflow in the case not as efficient as it does with the HSF mounted vertical.

But this bracket allows you to mount it any way that you want to because the mounts are the same as the Intel 775 socket which is perfectly square so you can mount it in any way you want. Unlike the AM2+ socket which is shaped more rectangular and only allows many heatsinks to be mounted Horizontal. Well for most of the coolers anyways, such as the Dark Knight, TRUE, megahalem and so on.:D:D

Back
Top Bottom