AMD Dethrowned. Intel Steps up.

thats right, they are sticking with the socket T (lga775, yay) cuz then i wont have 2 change motherboards or sometin ^_^ so yea good thing, they probably wont change the socket type for a few years

They may change the Socket once Kentsfield comes out. I don't know if Socket T will be able to support the Quad-Core kentsfield. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

JustinMcG67 said:
They may change the Socket once Kentsfield comes out. I don't know if Socket T will be able to support the Quad-Core kentsfield. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)
hopefully it will, socket t seems like a good socket besides securing the heatsink :p

i guess this is a good time to point out that the socket 775 uses less pins than the socket 939 ... lol

im sorry. i just thought of it, being that intel is using less pins....

anyways... to the point about changing the motherboard with conroe... you may have to, depending on the fsb limitation(?) in the bios. but then again... im not an uber leet computer geek that stays updated on the technews channel.

lemon said:
i guess this is a good time to point out that the socket 775 uses less pins than the socket 939 ... lol

im sorry. i just thought of it, being that intel is using less pins....

anyways... to the point about changing the motherboard with conroe... you may have to, depending on the fsb limitation(?) in the bios. but then again... im not an uber leet computer geek that stays updated on the technews channel.
from when i was looking at intel's socket it didn't appear that they really use true pins, or at least u can't bend any pins cuz their arn't any. so i like that, there are just little gold peices that touch 2geather i guess, unless i'm wrong but thats how i picture it

There are rumors that Intel will release a new chipset with the Conroe. It may or may not happen. It is probaby likely because Intels are moving to the 1066mhz FSB.

for me its the opposite. Sure I want to see what AMD has in store for us. But will it end up just like the Winchester core? Probably. The Windsor core probably wont be have eye popping scores, but it will be a slight improvement. After Windsor comes Brisbane. Brisbane will be the one to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom