AMD CPU tester??

MikeReiner said:
I don't know why ASUS is so popular.. I know of quite a few people who have had nothing but nightmares with their motherboards...

Actually, if you lucky enough, their motherboards are pretty good. They use pretty good quality components, so if there's a problem it's usually a manufacturing defect. I do agree with the support though...I've heard things about their tech support and RMA services. Horrible.

I used a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard for almost two years. It was pretty good. Socket 754, AGP, VIA K8T800 chipset, the works. It worked wonderfully, until the damn AGP slot went kaput on me. :( I didn't even bother RMA'ing it, knowing the nightmarish issues their support has.

I'm currently using a ASRock 939Dual-SATAII motherboard. I love it. It has AGP and PCI-E, which is good, especially if you're not ready for a new graphics card yet, but you'll need one soon enough. ASRock is doing so much better than ASUS. The quality and everything is so much better now. What makes it sad is that ASRock is a branch of ASUS. Hahah, imagine that! Your own company's budget line does better than your mainstream line...horrible. :D

Back
Top Bottom