AMD Cool & Quiet shock!

Yeha, so I don't see why you can't still overclock, and demand a cool and quiet PC when your not doing something CPU intensive. Makes sense to me :p

BhangMe said:
So, say you overclocked a cpu to 3.0ghz, stock being 2.0ghz, the Cool & Quiet doesn't reconize that your max speed at 3.0ghz, but at 2.0ghz. and so being under a fulload it wouldnt go to 3.0ghz?

Yes. It automatically changes the clock speed depending on your task STARTING from the stock speed. So if you're doing intensive tasks, it'll max it out at 2.0Ghz and as you do less intensive tasks, the clock speed goes lower according to the task. They call it Cool & Quiet because when it slows down your PC it produces less heat and therefore requires less fan speed to cool. Unless you're watercooling, then Cool & Quiet isn't even needed.

I don't bother with it, I turned it back off. My load temp is 46C, and thats in summer. Good enough for me.

Fair enough.

Whats the temps like idle though with it on?

You might as well have kept it on anyways. For one thing, your not being very economical :p

I bet my computer uses quite a bit less power when its in an idle state, for instance, if a programs been open for ages, or just listening to music.

You'll find it'll still be running in almost idle mode when doing low tasks, like navigating around, which doesn't need much CPU still if programs, etc are stored in memory.

My CPU's running at 49 degrees C load.

i'll check later, for now I need to get going, I have a camping trip to do. i'll be back thursday, later guys.

Back
Top Bottom