AMD athon temp

X1337

Fully Optimized
My dads new wife, my step mom (you guys know) the wedding went on even though I rejected.. Anyways, they have this system. this Amd Athon 1.34ghz with 256kb cache and 200mhz ram @ 133mhz. So I look at the BIOS trying to overclock it, I took at the themps and I see 65c 66c, than 67 - 68c.. Is this good.

EDIT: on the overclock, I hit FSB @ 145 = 1.45ghz on stock voltage, Ram was runing 1T, 2.0 CAS @ 145MHZ

Wow, those are quite high. Should be in the mid 40s at idle. Is the fan spinning on the HSF? Maybe the thing needs a good cleaning.

I agree, when I had high temps with my processor, it was just because my fan needed a good cleaning. Get some compressed air to do it. If that is not the problem.... try a new fan.

yeah that's pretty hot for an amd cpu. Though the older models might be able to take more heat. Cleaning would be a very good option, since the computer is definitely old and if it hasn't been cleaned in ages there will a lot of dust. U can definitely get something like 5c decrease in the temps when cleaning the dust.

Older models can take more heat. I believe the temperature threshold for most Athlon XP CPU's is around 80 Celsius.

Yea, I did take the old fan out.. and put a 92mm can around 4,000 Rpms. After than the other fan that spins around 1,500 Rpms. But I still get 62c to 64c. I even tryed "thrilla's Compound" (Custom made thermal past, that works really good), I put that on the die, I still get 59c and 61c.. This athon must be like heatin becuase it feels like it.

Atomic Rooster said:
Is there any decent air flow through the case? Maybe put in a higher cfm case fan or two.
well there is no other parts for the fan.. I got a 120mm fan in the front to blow the air in. (I cut the the front open so the fan just gets 100% air in the fan) but there is no air getting out

I'm pretty sure the Athlon XP's Idle somewhere around 54*C, and under load should not go over 70, with stock cooling. It would help a little if you could get software to monitor the temps. Those seem like pretty decent temps since those are read at the BIOS (they're usually a little higher than idle at the BIOS for me), but be very careful overclocking it.

EDIT: Also, 1 fan blowing in and 1 blowing out would probably help a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom