Amd Athlon XP.

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
ok i'm overclocking this old comp i got just to help teach me whats the best fan setup, stuff i should or shouldnt do when i get my custom rig etc...

its a Amd Athlon XP 1500+ 1333mhz real clock. yeah pathetic

But i've got it stable at 1,950 mhz (its the max i could overclock it in my bios) 39C mobo temp 48C cpu temp. 3 intake fans

now after leaving folding@home overnight to stress test it, i shutdown the comp and put in 2 exhast fans and went into my bios and my min and max DEC number was totally different.

my max DEC number was 135 which is what i had it on, but now i could set it to a max of 165. i set to 160 (yeah i'm insane) and restarted, i had a clock of 2.5ghz! 41C mobo temp 53C cpu temp. did some pi testing, put folding@home on real time for a few hours. totally stable (cpu reached 62C then went down to 56C after i exited folding)

Now this is where it sucks. when i restarted my computer my DEC numbers reset, my max changed to 135. nothing i do changes it back to 165.

what the hell would change my max dec numbers and then change em back?

if they kepp changing when you shut the computer down i would say this is a long shot but check the bios battery on the motherboard and any jumper settings like the bios reset some boards have a jumper combo that resets the bios

how do i take the bios battery out. its stuck in there. do i have to unscrew something?

open the case and there should be a button type battery somewhere on the mobo like this
cmos_battery.gif

You mean 48C under load right? Also what are you stability testing with? Just being able to run around in Windows doesn't mean it's stable.

Is that the stock cooler? Those old socket A's weren't the coolest running CPU's on the block if I'm remembering correctly. If that's stable then cool :cool:

oh its far from stock.. 2 of my intake fans are 120mm and one is 220mm, the 2 exhast are 220mm.. and the heatsink + fan i'm using is 120mm @ 6,000rpm. plus my room is always 65F so yeah i was doing alot just to keep that 2.5ghz but i cant figure out why it reset. i'm gonna try leaving the battery out over night.

EDIT: is socket A also a socket 754?

Back
Top Bottom