Amd Athlon Running EXTREMELY Hot

_Niko

BSOD
Well i just noticed this now but my cpu is constantly running at 64 degrees celsius. What can i do to lower this?

Specs in sig

Too lower your the temps you need to buy a new heatink/fan...And also add in some more case fans.

And please shorted your sig...Its to long. You can only have 4 lines max
Thanks

Well its the stock heatsink. Can you reccomend anything that would make a good difference?

I have a 3500+ AMD Athlon and on Quiet mode using my motheroards UGuru, the tempreatures can reach 63 degrees C, which is getting hot for an AMD.
Normally on mine on high pressure, its about 55 degrees C. Still too hot though...

I recommend you get a new heatsink and fan, or at least take off and reapply the coolant connecting the CPU and heatsink together.

You didn't do what I did though did you, and take off the heatsink and put it back, thinking it would still stick okay? Thats what I did, and might explain the high temps.

So you could do that, but cheap heatsinks aren't uncommon, and many can cool more than standard heatsinks. Expensive ones dont always mean less heat.

I'll find the magazine with reviews of heatsink and fan combinations and get back to you :)

Niko, please redude sig size, and DEV please dont double post, just edit lol...

get an aftermarket cooler, maybe evan a water cooling set?

Back
Top Bottom