AMD Athlon 64 Black edition question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so im thinking of getting the AMD athlon 64 X2 5000+ black edition for about $100, since the price gone down, which sucks cuz i got a new processor like a month ago (amd athlon 64 X2 4400+) and i spent like $95 on it, and i accidentally broke off a pin, which disabled my memory controller, (finally found out the problem with the dual channel). so thats why im getting a new processor, everything seems to work fine with it except the memory controller, so im selling it to a friend for $20.
so heres the question, whats so great about the black edition? i.e features, specs, performance.
i saw it being in the front page of AMD/ATI gaming driver page talking about it for months.
thanks in advance

I have a AMD 6400 3.2GHZ B.E. Cpu but the multiplyer was not unlocked. Maybe its the Asus mobo that won't allow me to though. I need to flash it.

i would go intel they overclock way better in maximum pc on a aircooled pc the best amd chip only overclocked 22 percent alot of intel chips were overclocking 50 percent or more...so more bang for the buck!

The C2Ds are very good OC'ers it's true, but they still don't offer the extremely low prices that AMD do, and perhaps he has an AMD board.

Yeah you will notice that alot of members own and love there C2d's and love there quad cores.

it looks like alot of ppl own the q6600 i got a old core duo!!! but i wont build another computer until they use new architecture and not just a revise!

Back
Top Bottom