AMD acquires ATI for $5.4 billion

X1337

Fully Optimized
Confirming rumors that circulated over the past few weeks on the Internet, AMD and ATI today unveiled their plans for creating a "processing powerhouse." While details about the deal, which has been discussed with questionable effects in some places, are scarce at this time, AMD highlighted that ATI will be essential to drive the company into new growth areas.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/24/amd_acquires_ati/

Ay, 'tis true. I wonder what will be in store for the future of processors and video cards now.. and with intel about to launch a whole new series of CPUs... things could get rather interesting..

For my comment on this story, please read the thread in the Social Lounge.

I don't really understand what AMD is trying to accomplish by acquiring ATi... what will they do now?

Edit: Note: Brains do not function very well after being awake for 28 or so hours. :)

What would be cool, is building graphic chipsets directly into the cpus. Not plausable, but just thinking out loud.

I think what they are doing is experimenting with graphics combined with cpus. Testing etc, to make the ultimate combination.

Once agian, just thinking out loud.

MikeReiner said:
I don't really understand what AMD is trying to accomplish by acquiring AMD... what will they do now?

Haha, I dunno either, because aquireing themselves is pretty strange. :p

Just kidding, you messed up on the wording, but yeah. ;)

Back
Top Bottom