AMD 690V or nVidia GeForce 7025

Wiredchild

In Runtime
From my amateur perspective this seems like a no brainer; the GeForece 7025 seems more powerful at very little cost difference. However, some motherboard companies (for example Gigabyte) don't produce boards using this. Is there a reason for this? Am i missing something here?

what video card do you plan on getting or have?? AMD690V wont support SLi just Crossfire. the nForce7025 will support full SLi for nvidia cards

I wasn't really intending on buying a video card, simply using the onboard GPU. I think that will be fine as this PC won't be used for gaming at all, but media and office use instead. Do you not think either the AMD 690V or nVidia nForce (-sorry) 7025 would hack that on it's own?

Based on the fact that i don't want to expand the graphical capabilities, the main deciding points after a bit of research seem to be that AMD's chipset supports 'Avivo', some special 2D-video enhancement, whilst nVidia's 7025 does not support 'Purevideo', their equivelant i think (the 7050 does, but that's just bumping up the price more). On the other hand, AMD's chipset, unlike nVidia's, doesn't have onboard dual monitor support, something i want. Do you think it's acceptable to ditch Purevideo for dual monitor support?

It's a microATX board i'm getting and have pretty much decided upon the Abit AN-M2 (if you're interested). Does anyone rate this board highly? Or Abit for that matter?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I've just noticed that that Abit board has the monitor connectors placed directly against a heatsink for the voltage regulator thingys. Seems a pretty poor design fault? Do you reckon this could cause problems?

Back
Top Bottom