AMD 64 X2 4400 vs 4200

but if my games only run on a single processor and arnet capable of two processors, it would make the other one worthless for the time being, and only run the game at 2.0ghz rather than a single core 2.6ghz. and can the 4200 or 4400 be overclocked pretty nicely?. if anyone has one. and do you own a dual core processor Ownage?

Well, the advantage of a dual core is you can run a virus scan and play a game at the same time. you get no lag. And the 4400+ or 3800+ do overclock nicely. Get some high end air cooling and you should be 2.6Ghz or higher, but YMMV. Personally, i dont own one, but ive played around with one. I will be owning one soon enought though. It hard to save up money when you have no job and your parents are anal about spending loads of money. :p

could you recommened maybe some cooling devices for me rather than the stock one. Because i think you just defeated my fearson going to dual core.

a really good cooling device is the Scythe Ninja. It is one of the best air coolers right now. If you arent comfortable handleing such a massive tower heatsink, a good alternative is the Thermalright SI-120. Very good design too. Keep's alvino's 3200+ 64 overclocked to 2.4Ghz under 35*C.

It depends which Thermaltake, and the processor. If the processor doesnt want to go to 2.75, then you are out of luck. But if it wants to, then you are lucky.

ownage said:
a really good cooling device is the Scythe Ninja. It is one of the best air coolers right now. If you arent comfortable handleing such a massive tower heatsink, a good alternative is the Thermalright SI-120. Very good design too. Keep's alvino's 3200+ 64 overclocked to 2.4Ghz under 35*C.

I can vouch for that! :p:D

i use the 3800 x2, speaking from the fact that i use it. it's a great processor definitely go dualcore. when i play cs 1.6 i have to set affinity but it takes less than 5 seconds so it really isn't a bother.

Back
Top Bottom