AMD 64 4000 + Worth the price tag?

SirVal

In Runtime
At the current time i'm building a new heavy gaming system with a budget lying around £1100, I'm quite confident in choosing components such as mobo's and Graphics card.
However now i've arrived upon the influx of AMD 64 proccessors i'm stumped, I figured now i'm spending this much i might aswell buy one of the 4000 + 939 pin proccessors. I'm going to be using a Connect3D ATI Radeon X850 XT PE 256MB graphics card with this system along with 2GB memory and such.
Here's the proccessor in question: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=88106

I'd be glad to hear your opinions as i've been instructed to go for a cheaper model and overclock it.
Thanks

Might I recommend the 4200+ Dual Core AMD AthlonX2 for around the same price??? Yes I may! :D

Actually, the 4000+ SanDiego core is a GREAT OCER. With a good CPU cooler and motherboard and RAM, I could see you getting it to 2.8GHz easily.

Dual Core for the same price? I've been so blind... :p DarkBlade I don't suppose you have any links to those Proccessors? I thought they were far out of my price range.

Back
Top Bottom