Amd 64 3400

its the Advent 3618........great machine great price.

im into building my own machines but i have to say im a big fan of some of the manufacturers.

i have always liked Compaq i have one of the very first computers they made a compaq deskpro 8086 processor(still works) and weighs a tonne

some of the machines they made in 99- 2000 where absolutely appauling

i had a pesario 7464 with AMD k6 500 many a time i nearly tossed it out the window. refusing to boot didnt like memory upgrades.

turns out they used a comero motherboard?...thank god they have sorted there machines out the 2 i have here now are brilliant one is on 24/7 as my server.

Just got a Dell Optiplex 260 with intel pentium 4 1800mhz for £220 all in think im going to try a bit of overclocking on this one.

Compaq said:
its the Advent 3618........great machine great price.

im into building my own machines but i have to say im a big fan of some of the manufacturers.

i have always liked Compaq i have one of the very first computers they made a compaq deskpro 8086 processor(still works) and weighs a tonne

some of the machines they made in 99- 2000 where absolutely appauling

i had a pesario 7464 with AMD k6 500 many a time i nearly tossed it out the window. refusing to boot didnt like memory upgrades.

turns out they used a comero motherboard?...thank god they have sorted there machines out the 2 i have here now are brilliant one is on 24/7 as my server.

Just got a Dell Optiplex 260 with intel pentium 4 1800mhz for £220 all in think im going to try a bit of overclocking on this one.

Yeah, I've got the 3618 too! Very nice.

I have to agree with you there; the AMD K6s were dreadful.

I never used it as my main one; but had a friend who did and it was dreadful. His AMD K6-500 could not but a stick to my Pentium 3 450Mhz! It wasn't that much more expensive at the time either.

Back
Top Bottom