AMD 3700 vs. Celeron D

redrider57

Solid State Member
I was wondering how these would stack up against eachother. I am seriously looking at the AMD but was wondering if it would be worth it.
I have heard that the AMD is better for gaiming but when you look at the specs if the AMD and the Celeron D, the AMD is at 2.4 but the Celeron D is at 2.93 does this mean that the Celeron D is faster than the AMD?

hmmm

a amd at 2.4?

well this isw the thing. athlons take really big steps if you will. now pentiums go really fast but they take little steps

here is the conversion i think

i have a athlon 2700 which is not 64 bit.

now the athlon 2700 is 2.2ghz but in intel language, it is 2.7 ghz

a 2400 athlon is 2.4ghz
a 1500 athlon is 1.5 ghz and so on.

now is 64 bit i dont know.

so you need a athlon 3000 or higher.

am i clear? or confusing?

redrider57 said:
I was wondering how these would stack up against eachother. I am seriously looking at the AMD but was wondering if it would be worth it.
I have heard that the AMD is better for gaiming but when you look at the specs if the AMD and the Celeron D, the AMD is at 2.4 but the Celeron D is at 2.93 does this mean that the Celeron D is faster than the AMD?

You do know that Celeron D's are the WORST processors ever right? They have them at really high speeds, yes, but they don't function at all. They just lag. Even with the best celeron processor, you could NOT game. Why do you think they are like 80$ for a 3GHz celeron processor? Why do you think they put them in Xbox's? They are cheap and easy to manufacture.

Celeron D's are basically improved crap. They suck, but they don't suck as much.

Just for your information, the processor in the Xbox is a hybrid of a mobile Pentium III/Celeron. It's the most powerful processor in any console so far...at least for two more days. :p

Celerons and Semprons are pretty good if you're only interested in casual internet browsing and stuff like that, but don't expect to get good results when you game with it.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=23633
^They can sure overclock though! :D

Well the Athlon 64 3700+ is an expensive but high-performing CPU, whilst the Celeron D is a cheap, but low-performing CPU.

The Celeron D won't beat it at anything, really. No point getting a Celeron D 2.93GHz. Semprons are far better.

And just to make it clear; the speed of a CPU is NOT related to clock speed...unless you're talking about, say Pentium II's and K6-II's. :D

ya AMD have been proven time and time again to beat the ....out of intel in gaming and most general usuages and now with their x2 dual cores in multitasking! Go to www.anandtech.com they have many charts showing fps in games and response time etc.

Back
Top Bottom