Amd 3200+ (venice) and Intel p4 2.66ghz (prescott)

It is a common misconception that Intel uses more voltage. Not true, Intel uses less voltage. AMD is 1.4V stock, Intel is 1.25V stock. Now, you are probably wondering why Intels run so much hotter than AMDs. It is because Intels draw more amperage. Thats why.

Hmmm I thought that Intel used a 1.5V connector. Oh well, you corrected me. But in any case, they still use more power, becase amperage is power. Unless I'm wrong again, in which any case, please feel free to correct me. :)

you are corret, amperage does mean more power. They do use more power than A64s.

Thats why it runs hotter, more amperage. And watch those mosfets, they get mighty hot when regulating all that amperage.

Well, I'm sure if you have a decent PSU then it can suck more power without any problems. As well as a good motherboard, then you should have no problems. :)

True. The PSU is essentially the most important part of the PC. It's what makes everythign actually function. You can't use a PC if it doesn't get any power. :)

Indeed.
which reminds me.. I need to get my hands on a decent PSU for the system i'm getting here real soon...

err...wrong thing

Prescotts has the 800MHZ FSB too... and Ithink they once had a 64-bit CPU...not sure

Back
Top Bottom