Amd

CompMan

Fully Optimized
my friend has a AMD Athlon 3500+ and he wants to know the temps it should be,
right now his runs idle at like 46 celcious and under load it is like 52 celcius

is that alright??

Is it the stock cooler? Sounds a little high, I overclocked mine to 2.5 Ghz and temps stayed under 50*C under load with the stock cooler.

Nah he has a gigabyte rocket cooler running on it.

Like what is the temp. that it will explode??

Nah, its not to bad. When you go over 60 it starts to get dodgy. Take the heatsink off and reapply the thermal paste. Should cool it down :)

[ot]holy! when the heck with 99nasha come back?! I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?[/ot]

Anyway, try and reseat and reapply the thermal paste, should drive down temps. But temps aren't bad at all right now.

If it's overclocked a bit, then it's fine. But if not, they seem high, I would re-apply some thermal paste, just put some the size of a grain of rice and spread it around. Also if the ambient temp is high, then there isn't too much you can do.

I just want to thank everyone for posting this info i am the friend that compman was talking about....this is my first post...thanks again more feedback is always wonderful
plus my room is kinda the warmest in the house so yea i guess i have alot of ambient warm air

Welcome to the forums Krucial Element, we look forward to helping with whatever we can :)

As for the temps, yeah i would start worrying when it hits above 50c, but i only posted here to welcome you really :p

Matt

EDIT: Please read the rules though, your sig can only be a maximum of 6 lines (or 5 i can't remember), so can you please edit it accordingly....

If you have good contact between the processor and heatsink (meaning thermal paste), then you either the fan speed needs to be turned up, you need to dust the inside of your pc (a can of compressed air should work, can be bought at alot of places), or you need to find a way to get the temp down in your room.

Back
Top Bottom