amber light on motherboard

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
ok, i just swapped out a psu for another, adn wen i turn on the computer, it spins fans and such, but it has this amber light..can u tell me why its amber?

Well, the bulb has to be labeled. Did that light not come up with your old PSU? What Mobo is it?

it never worked even with the old psu, that y i switched them in hope it would work, the new psu worked in the old comp. but not in this one... its a gigabyte 8LD533 p4 mobo

I was going to say a bad power supply, but you did a swap already :p. Try reseating the CPU. Could be a bad motherboard. It has to be one of those three.

Nah man, I don't think the mobo is bad. Gig makes alright mobos. Unless it is old, I doubt that it is DOA.

Do you get a beepcode?

Do you have a manual? That would probably help more than have us guess what a little red light on the mobo means, since it could mean a number of different things. Everything is plugged in/seated correctly right?

Is there another power input to place in? Maybe a 12v connection from the PSU? My Abit needed one, before anything would work, but still got fans spinning and the like.

extra power cord? really? im just testing the psu and motherboard so i DIDNT have ram, drives of any sorts, video card or anything, would that cause to not have the motherboard light green?

Back
Top Bottom