Am2

coldsoviet112

Beta member
I got the Pentium D e840 w/hyperthreading. At least thats what I rember now that i think of it. Vista says I have a Pentium 4 3.2 ghz with 2 cpus. that means pentium D right? cuz i got this computer before the dual core 2s came out.

Want a new processor that will last a while. I absolutely hate lag and low fps. takes the fun out of everything. I run only rts stuff like tiberium wars, medieval 2, and supreme commander at the highest settings minus the anti-aliasing. bugs the crap outta me that my GPU is 8800 gts 640mb and this is happening. i over clocked it to 615/1003. i dont have any extra fans or coolant so im afraid to push it. Plus my friend says that it won't do much to max it out. though i think the main problem is my processor. the thing is maxing out even just on the desktop as i do simple tasks. I have gadget on vista that allows me to monitor this as well as ram usage at the same time.

Im thinking about getting an AM2. whats the best\cheapest in that catergory?

The Pentium Ds run very hot. And if you haven't cleaned out the HSF etc in a while, it could be thermal throttling slowing your PC down. Download this program: http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Take a screenie and post it up here.

What is your budget? And you can certainly get a lot for your money with an AM2 platform. And what are the rest of your specs? Do you have DDR or DDR2 RAM?

Back
Top Bottom