Altec Lansing 5.1

JMK33

Solid State Member
I have these speakers, not sure of the model number but they came with my Dell in 2002. I have all 4 speakers pluged into the Sub , and only two of them work. The other two are just static that increases or decreases with the volume control. Ive tried plugging them in when the computer is off, and still no better results than before. If anyone can help me with this i'd greatly appreciate it.
Jay

Okay. Well..................

After you have all the speakers plugged into the sub, (I thought there were 5) you need to take the three cords, and plug them (according to color) into the back of your computer. And then

start > control panel > sounds, speech and audio devices > sounds and audio devices > (look towards the bottom under speaker settings) click advanced > and make sure that the 'speaker setup' is chosen for 5.1

Sry about that. There are 4 speakers and one subwoofer. All four speakers are plugged into the sub, and there are no wires to plug into the back of the computer except for one green audion in jack. I dont know where to go from here.

Check your audio settings and see if it's enabled for 5.1 speakers. You might only have it selected on stereo or 2.1 etc.

Great speakers i have ones from ALtec Lansing but not 5.1 but still those things blow some music very loud :)

Back
Top Bottom