is this an alright gaming PC? need help getting everything right.

ian1

Beta member
ok i have a few ?? for u guys about my build. im bulding a PC on a budget. imma list everything i have and i need help getting my ram to match my FSB speed along with the CPU.

wondering if this will run WOW pretty easy or what.

MOBO-ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU-AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX250OCGQBOX

RAM-A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model AX3U1600GB2G9-2G

GPU- i need help finding a decent but cheap graphics card im on a small buget so far i have spent $400.00 so if u dont mind looking at new egg or ur opion on good ones it would be cool

is that ok or what u can email me at ianminer@yahoo.com

No idea what you mean with the fsb problem, but it would be okay for gaming if the rest of the build was good. What gpu does it have? That is the most important part.

No idea what you mean with the fsb problem, but it would be okay for gaming if the rest of the build was good. What gpu does it have? That is the most important part.

Agreed, gpu is very important. Other than that, everything looks good.

Happy gaming.

It doesn't quite work like that. This should explain a bit:

790GXb.png

Like the diagram Mutant Corn. Intel is very similar minus the on-die GPU in the Northbridge....

You might have had problems in the past with Intel systems that used the 'FSB' system and had the memory controller on the motherboard...

However these days both AMD and Intel CPU's have the memory controller on die and all the critical components, HT(AMD), QPI(Intel), and chipsets use a common clock(beat) to run. All the clock provides is a tic-tock signal and the components use multipliers to get 'their' optimum running speed from this 'metronome-like' signal. For example. The BaseCLocK on an Intel i7 system is 133Mhz which is slow for a CPU so the CPU will multiply this by 20 to get 'it's' running speed of 2660Mhz and likewise the same BCLK will be multiplied by 12 to get 1600Mhz RAM(or X10 for 1333MHz RAM). And the same for the same for the QPI and chipset. AMD's operate on a very similar basis just replace the QPI with the HT. Just remember we don't deal with bus speeds anymore.

The amount of data that flows via Northbridge<>CPU<>RAM is dependant on the speeds of the components but it isn't something you need to be concerned about unless you overclock and usually bottle-necks that may happen when overclocking these components usually causes stability issues/BSOD's anyways.

Anyways you won't have a problem with FSB's at all and the stuff you've chosen is fine but for a gaming machine choose the GPU carefully.

:)

Back
Top Bottom