Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Raveboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 86
Default To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

I am sorry but all these people who think it is totally cool to highly modify their computers and get high spec hardware have totally looked over very important key issues.

So what if you have 2gb of ram or the latest processor.

They are all very well but I totally think it would be best to fork out $400-600 on a Maltron keybaord which are the best designed keyboards out there. they help to minimise RSI - for me buying equipment which minimise RSI trumps a decent processor or graphics card.

The same goes for a high quallity chair and mouse. KI bet you over looked those points didn't you.

You will be certianly wishing you had got a good keybaord when all your hands are crippled up and you suffer other injuries from cheap and nasty keybaords, chairs and mouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN THE CURE!!!!!!
__________________

Raveboy is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Ha ha, ive already taken your advice i run my 486DX with that exact keyboard. Fair enough, my calculator is double the power, but my wrists have never felt better, couldnt agree with you more lol
__________________

Raffaz is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

You're right..sort of. I don't have the greatest keyboard but it also doesnt strain my hands and I am happier that I didnt spend several hundreds of dollars on a better one. So in that sense you are wrong that you have to spend so much. I did buy a nice chair though.
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Okay, whatever floats your boat buddy.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

LOL Kid you have a narrow view of modders. Not only do I mod the system but have modded my mouse and keyboard to suite me. I use 5 dollar keyboards that work just fine.
setishock is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,027
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Well I disagree totally...I DON'T think it's "totally cool" to mod my computer. I enjoy putting together computers and getting the most from my system as i possibly can. I would never buy a keyboard for that amount of money, no keyboard can prevent such things, they may help and thats great. If doing what I enjoy doing poses some "permanent health problems" then so be it.

And for the record, I think your spamming the forum by advertising that particular keyboard on more than one thread...I think it is best for me to fork out $500 on something I am going to enjoy using, such as a graphics card or a processor.

Matt
Mattyl110792 is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
LOL Kid you have a narrow view of modders. Not only do I mod the system but have modded my mouse and keyboard to suite me. I use 5 dollar keyboards that work just fine.
QFTT!

@ raveboy - My mouse probably cost twice as much as yours.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
Baseband Member
 
Raveboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 86
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

I myslef nearlly got sucked into all the high spec modding business and I know most people like myself overlook a decent keybaord and mouse to prevent injury - I know its not really something to boast about if you have an ergonomic keyboard but I will certainly be boasting about how my typing skills are still tip-top in thirty years because I invested in a decent keybaord!!!!

I also have generally noted that most people for their signature include their computer spec so that is why my view may appear 'narrow-minded'.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dream computer:
Maltron or other well designed ergonomic keyboard and mouse or trackball
two 42'' plasma Tvs for dual monitor support
Decent chair

and a fully modified computer
Vista
Raveboy is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Baseband Member
 
Raveboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 86
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyl110792

And for the record, I think your spamming the forum by advertising that particular keyboard on more than one thread...I think it is best for me to fork out $500 on something I am going to enjoy using, such as a graphics card or a processor.

Matt
I am not spamming. I just know that a computer magazine once done a few pages on computer health and safety issues and they mnetioned maltron. I was just referrring to the magazines suggestions for ergonomic keybaords.

Anyhow whatabout every one else who worships and praises things like grahics cards do you call that spamming too? I have seen many a thread mentioned specific names about hardware components. They are not spamming just like me - they are drawing on their experience and sharing it with the others on this forum.

I WAS MEARELY PRAISING A PRODUCT I THINK WAS GOOD. Anyhow I don't care what keybaord you buy ergonomic or not. but you can pick ergonomic keybaords from reasoanable prices.

I was just trying to help out fellow computer users with the healh and safety issues because I myslef have fallen victim to injuries which I wish I could have prevented.
Raveboy is offline  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,027
Default Re: To all your modders out there - wake up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveboy
I am not spamming. I just know that a computer magazine once done a few pages on computer health and safety issues and they mnetioned maltron. I was just referrring to the magazines suggestions for ergonomic keybaords.

Anyhow whatabout every one else who worships and praises things like grahics cards do you call that spamming too? I have seen many a thread mentioned specific names about hardware components. They are not spamming just like me - they are drawing on their experience and sharing it with the others on this forum.

I WAS MEARELY PRAISING A PRODUCT I THINK WAS GOOD. Anyhow I don't care what keybaord you buy ergonomic or not. but you can pick ergonomic keybaords from reasoanable prices.

I was just trying to help out fellow computer users with the healh and safety issues because I myslef have fallen victim to injuries which I wish I could have prevented.
NO, not at all, I am not spamming and going to other threads advertising keyboards, when the thread isn't asking about keyboards...for example in This thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveMan
Forget upgrading the tower units components buy a decent keybaord like a Maltron in stead - view their website for info.

this might not be the coolest thing out ther but how much do you value good health?

or even buy a decent mouse which is well designed.

Who gives a monkeys fart what your computers spec is if yuor hands are screwed up due to badly designed keybaords!
Matt
__________________

Mattyl110792 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0