Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Default Re: all in one computer opinion

Oh I see, that's easy then I already have a copy of win xp.
I really like the design of IMAC's, but learning their Os from scratch is a pain really.

calvinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #12
Golden Master

Well, I wouldn't say it's a pain. You can call me a recent switcher, but I've been using Mac OS as my primary operating system for a few months now.

I had previous experience using Macs a while back, so I'm not sure how a fresh user would react to the new operating environment. It's real easy to learn, and once you get the hang of it, you'll have two operating systems under your arm.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I dunno, that Sony Vaio should be able to handle StarCraft II with it's Nvidia 9300M GS. I don't think that game is that graphically demanding.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Baseband Member

I agree learning something new is always nice.
There are other games that I might consider getting, such as diablo III and other strategy games.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #15
In Runtime

Hmm for that price you could just get yourself a pretty big monitor and a desktop.
That's what I would recommend
How much space do you have exactly? I bet it would be enough for a small desktop
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #16
Baseband Member

My table is about 1.3 meter long, I have my ps3, books, laptop, monitor, speakers and other random stuff. I have loads of wire hanging underneath the table with my huge speaker sitting there too.

Fitting an extra monitor and a tower would be possible, but I will be left with no space at all I guess.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
In Runtime

I would still go for a monitor and case, just make some space. You already have a monitor you said, what size and do you plan on upgrading it?
Also, does your case HAVE to go under your desk?
I have mine next to my desk for leg room
Oh and you could build a monster desktop, hell even two good ones with the prices of those all-in-ones
Just my thoughts on it
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
In Runtime

I think if you're going to do any gaming, go for a desktop. Hell, possibly build one.

worshipme made a great guide for budget and non-budget gaming pc's:

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=69845

They are way overpriced. It's ridiculous. As I said, if you do any light gaming, just go with a desktop. I remember I went with a compact Slimline to play some 'light games' and well, that didn't go over. Couldn't play the games on high settings, and when I wanted to play more graphically enhanced games (COD4 and F.E.A.R.), I just couldn't. And with such a small compact system, everything is custom. Almost impossible to upgrade.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #19
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNI-SmellyCakes View Post
They are way overpriced. It's ridiculous. As I said, if you do any light gaming, just go with a desktop. I remember I went with a compact Slimline to play some 'light games' and well, that didn't go over. Couldn't play the games on high settings, and when I wanted to play more graphically enhanced games (COD4 and F.E.A.R.), I just couldn't. And with such a small compact system, everything is custom. Almost impossible to upgrade.
Anything that fills a niche market will be more expensive, but not necessarily overpriced. No one can build a comparable all-in-one machine like the iMac or the Sony Vaio.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #20
Baseband Member

Right now the monitor I have is about 20 inch and I really want one thats over 24 inch. I may consider getting a tower instead, almost everyone is telling me all in one arent great .

Can anyone tell me how good of a tower, I can get with a budget between 2000 to 2500 ? I prefer going for a quad core. :P